At Nelson Elementary, we promote a nurturing environment that instills continuous learning. As a community of students, parents, and staff, we create a partnership to build every student's success.
In the Area of Student Achievement:
- Each student will read and comprehend a variety of materials, locate and apply information at grade level or above.
- Each student will write, speak, listen, and use technology to communicate at grade level or above.
- Each student will apply mathematical skills to analyze and solve problems at grade level or above.
- Each student will think creatively and analyze tasks to solve problems at grade level or above.
- Each student will develop and demonstrate personal responsibility for learning and self-management.
In the Area of Safe Learning Environment
- The school and community will work together to provide a safe learning environment.
- Students will demonstrate respect and responsibility for the learning environment.
- Students exhibit through their actions an understanding of the pillars of Character Counts: Trustworthiness, Respect, Caring,
- Fairness, Responsibility and Citizenship.
How Nelson Accomplishes Its Goals
- Pro-active leadership
- Continuous improvement through comprehensive planning, thoughtful implementation, and ongoing evaluation of all programs
- Data-driven decision-making
- Results orientation
- Valuing all students, parents, and staff
- Build relationships based on trust and a common goal of improved student achievement